We like to be children friendly at Emu Ridge. Each school holidays we always organizes a range of activities for children to do while their parents have a browse around our shop. These include crosswords, word finds, making bath salts, colouring-in competitions and lots more! See below for some templates. Our kiddies corner is always popular, the little ones can enjoy toys, books, blackboards and more.
These bright, colourful bath salts are fun and easy to make as well as smelling beautiful, whether they are mixed into your bath water or simply left open beside your bed.
Making Bath Salts always popular every holidays
Easter Colouring-In Competition 2015
Making Bath Salts
we also have fun outdoor activities such as hop scotch and tic-tac-toe (noughts and crosses)
hop scotch fun in the warm sun
you may all know this game as tic-tac toe, but at Emu Ridge we have sticks and stones that was hand made by Larry Turner. This lovely family from Italy enjoyed a game of good old-fashioned Tic-Tac-Toe on our new deck at Emu Ridge. Tic- Tac-Toe is a fun, traditional game that can be played by all ages.
To print off our fun Eucalyptus Crossword, Click Here
To print off our fun Eucalyptus Word Find, Click Here
Sensory Rice is a great learning tool and its fun to make and play with! Add some coloring to the rice to make it interesting and attractive. If you like you can then add some Emu Ridge eucalyptus oil, it will help keep their sinuses clear. Learning, fun & healthy natural remedy all in a one-stop-shop!
1. Just add a small amount of water with the rice add some food coloring
2. mix it in and put it in trays to dry, if the weather isnt warm you can dry it in a low heat in the oven.
3. Once dry add a few drops of oil and put it in a jar ready for play
4. Don’t forget to buy 100% Australian Eucalyptus Oil from Emu Ridge Online Store!
SENSORY PLAY WITH RICE HAS MANY LEARNING BENEFITS:
- Sensory play encourages children to manipulate and mould materials, building up their fine motor skills and coordination.
- Sensory play uses all 5 senses, but the sense of touch is often the most frequent. Toddlers and children process information through their senses. They learn through exploring these.
- Sensory play is unstructured, not product-oriented; it is the purest sense of exploratory learning.
- Self-esteem: sensory play offers kids the opportunity for self-expression because there is no right answer and children feel safe to change or experiment with what they are doing.
- Language development- experimenting with language and trying new words.
Family fun at Emu Ridge, A lovely family from Italy enjoy good old-fashioned Tic-Tac-Toe on our new deck at Emu Ridge.
Tic- Tac-Toe is a traditional FUN game for all ages. The different names of the game are more recent . The first print reference to “Noughts and crosses”, the British name, appeared in 1864. In his novel “Can You Forgive Her”, 1864, Anthony Trollope refers to a clerk playing “tit-tat-toe”. The first print reference to a game called “tick-tack-toe” occurred in 1884, but referred to “a children’s game played on a slate, consisting in trying with the eyes shut to bring the pencil down on one of the numbers of a set, the number hit being scored”. “Tic-tac-toe” may also derive from “tick-tack”, the name of an old version of backgammon first described in 1558. The U.S. renaming of Noughts and crosses as Tic-tac-toe occurred in the 20th century.
For information about Tic-Tac-Toe, Click Here
To play your own fun game of Tic-Tac-Toe, Click Here
The first of its kind, our recipe book for Eucalyptus Oil Recipes & Uses was launched in 1993 full of my own & others recipes.
Our booklet is available, and contains many tried and tested uses that have been handed down for generations in Australia.
Protect the environment with the trees that produce this unique oil, as it is the the only one of it’s kind in the world. Because it is produced from natural Eucalyptus leaves, it can be used In and around the House, On the Body, In the Workshop, Used on Animals etc.
It will give you so many ideas and ways to use Emu Ridge Eucalyptus oil, only $5.00 + $1.30 postage within Australia. We are able to post worldwide, but postage may vary, so check website. To order, click here or use any of the hightlighed links. Buy Australian made today!
While the parents shop the kids have been busy with our activities. This is Larrys Sticks and Stones game, but i’m sure you would all know it O’s & X’s. Here’s idea too – an easy to make weekend project! Great fun out by the bbq area! #puttheiphoneaway
Something new at Emu Ridge, for an extra bit of FUN! These two families from SA and Chicago were the first to use our Hop Scotch game! They looked like they were having a great time! We hope you enjoyed your visit! For more ideas on traditional kids games see this link.
To Order some 100% Australian made and grown Eucalyptus Oil & many more natural products click Here