Sensory Play with Eucalyptus Rice
Sensory Rice is a great learning tool and its fun to make and play with! Add some coloring to the rice to make it interesting and attractive. If you like you can then add some Emu Ridge eucalyptus oil, it will help keep their sinuses clear. Learning, fun & healthy natural remedy all in a one-stop-shop!
1. Just add a small amount of water with the rice add some food coloring
2. mix it in and put it in trays to dry, if the weather isnt warm you can dry it in a low heat in the oven.
3. Once dry add a few drops of oil and put it in a jar ready for play
4. Don’t forget to buy 100% Australian Eucalyptus Oil from Emu Ridge Online Store!
SENSORY PLAY WITH RICE HAS MANY LEARNING BENEFITS:
- Sensory play encourages children to manipulate and mould materials, building up their fine motor skills and coordination.
- Sensory play uses all 5 senses, but the sense of touch is often the most frequent. Toddlers and children process information through their senses. They learn through exploring these.
- Sensory play is unstructured, not product-oriented; it is the purest sense of exploratory learning.
- Self-esteem: sensory play offers kids the opportunity for self-expression because there is no right answer and children feel safe to change or experiment with what they are doing.
- Language development- experimenting with language and trying new words.