Simple ways to use Emu Ridge Eucalyptus oil
To Make The World’s Cheapest, Simplest and Most Effective Room Freshener, all you need to follow are these 3 easy steps:
- Get a jar
- Put a adequate amount of baking soda into it
- Add a few drops of essential oil
Sometimes we forget the simple ideas are the things that really work!
Emu Ridge oils are the recommended oils for this recipe
Recipe found on Herbs and Oils World. source below
Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil
This unique oil is the only one of it’s kind in the world. It is distilled from the leaf of the Kangaroo Island Narrow Leaf Mallee (Eucalyptus cneorifolia). Emu Ridge is the only commercial Eucalyptus Distillery remaining in South Australia.
Distillation of the oil began in the 1880’s and dozens of stills were established, making it one of the Island’s major industries.
One company, F.H.Faulding & Co purchased Emu Ridge in 1923, establishing two plantations in 1938 for the purpose of systematically harvesting it on a rotational basis. (The Narrow Leaf responds well to pruning.) Most success, however, was achieved by individuals who set up stills as a seasonal sideline.
Our oil is distilled in the traditional method at Emu Ridge. The leaf is placed into a pot containing water, beneath which a fire is lit, steam carrying the oil is passed through a system of cooling pipes, the oil separates and is piped off into containers. The raw oil undergoes another refining process to produce the final product crystal clear oil.
Native farming is far better for our environment, no sprays and chemicals, a great renewable resource and natural product.
SOME USES FOR THIS VERSATILE & 100% NATURAL OIL
In and around the house:
- A disinfectant for cleaning floors, toilets etc
- A deodorizer, a spot & stain remover, e.g. soiled clothing, anything sticky, stickers, chewing gum, paint & ink marks
- Cleans bathroom tiles, brass, ovens, plastic & vinyl. For washing woollens & clothing.
The Body: For cuts, burns and abrasions, the oil is a natural antiseptic, acne, relieves insect bites, is an insect repellent, soothes muscular aches & pains, a mouthwash, hand & skin cleaner, training oil, in the bath for a feeling of well-being, a decongestant for colds and flu by vaporization, inhalation or embrocation, for sore throats, (adults a few drops with a teaspoon of honey).
- In the workshop: Cleans paint brushes, removes tar & stains & is a penetrating oil for any seized or rusted parts.
- Animals: For cleaning pets, removing fleas, fly strike